Friday, September 2, 2011

I guess I'm sticking with the CS glyph

Looked through the logs from tonight (6/7, yaaay!). It's sort of one of those times where what I'm doing feels really strange. It feels like I'm constantly pushing that CS cooldown back by over a second. It feels like I'm struggling for focus at the worst times. It feels like I'm doing it all wrong. But it sims better than anything else, and the astonishing part is that the time between my chimera shots is actually shockingly close to the timing simulated by FemaleDwarf.com. I've also maxed out on VP-purchasable gear for Pradzha and lucked out on almost every drop I want from the early farm bosses. The only thing I'm still missing is the boots from Baleroc, which he hasn't dropped yet. Well, and I need to replace my trinkets, but the trinkets I need drop from Staghelm and Rag. Impressively enough, Fandral dropped a Hungerer tonight (first kill trinket, yess) but it went to our rogue. I'm happy he got the item, but I can't help but worry that he'll never drop it again.

This rep trinket is really awful and I need to get rid of it.

Other than that, we've got a couple DPS that are hovering just under that 20k mark, and I'd like to help them move into the 20-21 neighborhood. I think if we can do that, we'll really make continuing progression a lot easier. It'd be even better if we could bring everyone up into the consistent 22k range, although any more than that and I think we'll need the 384 weapons from Rag himself. There are a LOT of guilds on our server that have been stuck at 6/7 for a long time, and I'm worried that could happen to us, with our 2-day raid week. We'll have to have very crisp, fast farm nights on Wednesdays so we can come in totally fresh on Thursdays and get in solid time on Rag.

Phase 1 seems not-that-bad. The sons of flame also actually seem pretty easy to deal with. I think melee on either side will be able to nuke the closest guy easily, and ranged can get the mid and far-away guys slowed, while the melee clean up behind them.

Pretty much the only thing that worries me is the living meteors. I foresee a lot of us blowing ourselves up with these things, and it's going to be a real pain to get to the point where phases one and two go very smoothly and we wipe in stupid ways on meteors.

We can get it though. I'm going to estimate we've got a month to get Rag, and I think we can do that. We might not farm all the gear that the raid wants off of him before T13 hits, but we may even be able to do that if it's late October or even early November.

Sometimes it's pretty tense being a little casual guild! But you know what? I think they did a good job with the normals this tier. There's a fair complaint along the lines of "finishing an instance doesn't feel like it's finished any more," but to be honest? I'm going to feel like it's pretty well finished once we've got Rag down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're seeing the default Blogspot comment form, please be aware that I use Disqus for comment threading, and your comment will be imported into that system. Thank you very much for commenting!