Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Trying out fringe setups

Following on the heels of my previous post on haste ratings, I'm trying something super-wonky tonight. I'm going to be eliminating arcane shot from my standard DPS priorities and hardcasting AiS a lot. Since I'm using less ArcS (basically only when I have to dump focus while moving), I'm getting rid of the glyph for it. There aren't too many viable alternative options though, pretty much just the CS glyph and the kill shot glyph. CS glyph sims as an improvement in FemaleDwarf, so... I'm going to give it a shot. I did some testing of how it felt on a target dummy earlier, and to be honest it didn't feel good. I keep watching CS come off of cooldown right as a steady shot starts casting, and it feels like I'm just wasting that glyph slot. There's no way to really determine if I actually am wasting it other than just using it for a raid night and seeing how it goes. And hey, if there's something hilariously wrong like doing 15k DPS on Shannox, I can just swap glyphs again and go back to the comforting arms of arcane shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're seeing the default Blogspot comment form, please be aware that I use Disqus for comment threading, and your comment will be imported into that system. Thank you very much for commenting!